Get involved and look out for the forthcoming Summer Schools and Youth Projects at The Woodville.
Click on the image to find out more...
The Woodville has partnered with a freelance Education Coordinator.
The aims of this partnership are to;
Our programme includes:
- Broaden the appeal and understanding of the arts,
- Provide educational opportunities and experiences for patrons,
- Delivery of workshops and tours to schools, colleges, community groups, clubs and societies, and individuals.
We aim to;
- Workshops for young people (pre-school upwards) on a variety of themes,
- Workshops for school groups that link with areas of the curriculum,
- Workshops for people with special educational needs and/or disabilities,
- Workshops for community groups, clubs and societies,
- Master classes led by visiting practitioners,
- Workshops for schools to support our in-house productions,
- Talks and handling sessions.
- Develop and promote the theatre’s on-going programme of in-house workshops and educational activities, to enhance audience and community access, enjoyment and understanding.
- Build strong links with schools, colleges and the local education authority to develop a range of projects and workshops that promote the art form and the work of the theatre.
- Work with visiting and in-house directors and performers to produce educational activities that support the Theatre’s major projects and productions.
- Develop educational resources for schools, colleges and other visitor’s through a range of media that will help them make sense of our performances.
- Explore funding opportunities for educational work, as well as provide educational input to other production and project planning processes.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations with other organisations that provide educational and cultural activities.
For more information on our Education and Outreach projects please contact
Claire Goatham, who works with The Woodville
on a Freelance Partnership basis, provides an
excellent range of workshops and organises
Master Classes for local students eager to
learn more about the workings of a modern
Claire Goatham CV
To find out more about Claire’s background,
please click on the link below.